Tuesday, February 12, 2008

on the topic of Three Boys

Since we were on the topic...

I asked my mother-in-law to write a few thoughts about having three boys, since she herself has three sons (now all married with young, growing (except for ours, which is complete) families). Not only that, but due to divorce and relocation, she raised them by herself. I admire her very much.

Here is what she wrote:
There are no three people in my world I would rather spend my time with than my three boys! Looking back, there was never a day that was 'quiet' in our home, not a door jamb or ceiling left unmarked as they grew tall enough to jump up and touch, and never enough mac & cheese for after school snacks. Three boys leave you with so many wonderful memories....some you never want to forget, others you pray no one will remember, and still others I pray R & S will never experience (think C (her Youngest) rolling his car off the cliff and walking away). I am sure R & S will face the gifts and the challenges with creativity! I am so very blessed, as are they! xxoo

The following quote is at the top of my friend K's blog. K has three boys, ages 7, 5, and 3.

My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, "You’re tearing up the grass." "We’re not raising grass," my dad would reply, "we’re raising boys." –Harmon Killebrew

Can you tell how much I love my brother- and sister-in-law R & S? I just got the news that this summer's baby is a boy, and it's all I can think about!

1 comment:

KPB said...

What a lovely idea to get you MIL to write about her thoughts.