Friday, April 18, 2008

Waste Less Living

This morning I mailed cards and gifts to my mom for her birthday, so that means Earth Day must be almost here!

I'd like to tell you about something that I think is really neat (and smart), and I'd love it if you'd spread the word about this!

A woman I know (Christy Lenches-Hinkel) from The Boy's Parent Ed class has started a home-based business called Waste Less Living. It only services this area, but it's a wonderful idea for anyone else out there looking to start up their own eco-minded business!

All of the services she plans to offer are designed to make it easy for people to generate less waste! So far, she has launched three of the many services she has planned: "Compost Starter Kit," "Eco-Water Starter Kit," and "Eco-Party Starter Kit."

The "Eco-Party Starter Kit" service recently got a write-up on Evite's blog! If you hire her to do your party, she provides the waste bins, plates, cups, utensils, napkins, etc. At the end of your party, she comes and picks up the waste and food scraps and composts it all! As an alternative to trash bags full of paper and plastic plates and cups, I just think it's fantastic!

Please check out her website and see what else you can find out!

No comments: