Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Hide and seek

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty!
Ready or not, here I come!"

"Not ready! Not ready!"

"One, two, three, four, ... Ready or not, here I come!"

"Not ready! Not ready!"

Both sides seem to be missing the point of "Ready OR NOT!"

_______

"...Ready or not, here I come!"

(Loud whisper heard from under the living room sofa:)
"Hey! Find me last! I'm supposed to be the counter next!"

_______

(Strange banging noises coming from the living room.)

Someone is tired of hiding, getting worried, and giving the counter a clue!

_______

"I'm not playing Hide and Seek any more! It's boring!"

(It took a while to find them this time. Someone got tired of hiding!)

2 comments:

smalltownme said...

Thanks for bringing back some fun memories.

And some not so fun...I was babysitting my great-nephew a couple months ago and he decided to play hide and seek WITHOUT TELLING ME. Meaning he hid and I didn't know it. When I couldn't locate him on a routine where-are-the-kids-right-now-patrol, I freaked out, calling for him all around the house, and finally his brother located him. I whimpered, "Just tell me first!"

Anonymous said...

Oh, that's too funny!