Wow. It's been so long since I've been to blogger that it no longer automatically pops up in my explorer window when I start typing it. sheesh.
When I started my back-to-work-temporarily experience, I thought it would get me blogging again. I thought it would be so interesting to chronicle my experience being back in the classroom "full-time" after over nine years of being a SAHM.
And it would have been.
But I found myself absolutely SWAMPED and sleep-deprived by the experience, and blogging just didn't happen.
I had my last day of work on Thursday, March 25. I was immediately swept into a big brouhaha among the other first-grade parents over a bridal shower we are planning for the first-grade teacher. I am the Room Parent, so am responsible for all of the communication and most of the planning. Thought you would have a minute to blog after all this time? THINK AGAIN, SISTER.
I feel like I have so much to say, and it's daunting. Sometimes getting started is the hardest part.
Then I saw this meme at blackbird's, small town mom's, and Hotfessional's (a few of my favorite people!), and thought this just might do the trick. A meme just might be the perfect trigger to getting on blogger again!
So here's to the future!
1. Do you like bleu cheese? Yes. Especially because it makes me think of The Hubby and his cooking. He loves to add bleu cheese to things.
2. Have you ever smoked? No. Not even one little puff. Is it called a puff?
3. Do you own a gun? Absolutely not.
4. Favorite type of food? Dessert. or Thai food.
5. Favorite type of music? Favorite, punk-ish rock. No, musical theater. Girl-singer-songwriter. Lately I've been listening to country, but that's only because I fell in love with the sound of Josh Turner's voice when I heard it on NPR.
6. What do you think of hot dogs? I think they taste best when you're at a baseball game.
7. Favorite Christmas movie? I'm a sucker for It's a Wonderful Life.
8. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Mimosas! Whee! but I can't remember the last one I had.
9. Can you do push-ups? Only a few "girl" ones. :-(
10. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring. My current jewelry obsession, though? A bracelet with a forget-me-not in it and a pair of dangly claddagh earrings. Santa gave me both last Christmas.
11. Favorite hobby? MUSIC!
12. Do you have A. D. D.? No.
13. Do you wear glasses/contacts? Yes.
14. Middle name? It's unusual. My mom has the same middle name, and I passed it on to my Big Girl.
15. Name three thoughts at this exact moment: "What's that beeping?" "How many kids are playing in my house right now?" "How many hours of Wii has The Boy played today?"
16. Name three drinks you regularly drink: Water. Red Gatorade. Tequila.
17. Current worry? Will I finish writing this?
18. Current hate right now? The politics of hate.
19. Favorite place to be? On stage.
20. How did you bring in the new year? We went to bed early because we had to be up before the sun to get a spot to watch a certain famous parade.
21. Someplace you’d like to go? Costa Rica.
22. Name three people who will complete this. blackbird, small town mom, hotfessional.
23. Do you own slippers? yes. what a weird question.
24. What color shirt are you wearing? what color is this? dark blue-green? teal?
25. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? too slippery. high-count cotton, thank you.
26. Can you whistle? yes, weakly.
27. Where are you now? in the den.
28. Would you be a pirate? That really doesn't sound like "me" at all.
29. What songs do you sing in the shower? I love to sing in the shower. I sing everything! Rock, pop, country, opera...
30. Favorite Girl’s Name? I don't have a favorite anymore.
31. Favorite boy’s name? Ditto.
32. What is in your pocket right now? Nothing, as usual.
33. Last thing that made you laugh? 2 seconds ago, Big Girl whined that "the other kids don't want to play with me! I think it's because sometimes I get bossy." Then I laughed. (it's funny because it's true)
34. What vehicle do you drive? Honda Odyssey. boring.
35. Worst injury you’ve ever had? Thankfully few injuries. My worst was from childbirth. enough said.
36. Do you love where you live? YES!!!!!!!!!
37. How many TVs do you have in your house? Three.
38. How many computers do you have in your house? One.
39. If you changed your job, what would it be? Famous Marine Biologist
40. If you were granted three wishes, what would they be? I would wish for grand things. World peace, freedom from worrying about paying for health care, and that everyone would care about protecting the environment. Stuff like that.