Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hopefully there will be ice

Tomorrow is the bridal shower for the first grade teacher! As Room Parent, I have been very busy coordinating all of the parents who will be making the party happen. It's been email city around here! In fact, I just now responded to a text on my cell phone - and have no idea who it was from. But I asked them to bring ice...

At the same time, this week has involved several phone conversations about the possible teaching job for next year. I think that we pretty much have everything hammered out now; just one or two more phone calls should do it. I am still feeling conflicted about it, but moving forward I will focus on the positive. That's pretty much my way in the world: acknowledge the feelings but focus on the positive.

Hopefully tomorrow I will feel like I have a moment to breathe. After I allow myself that breath, I'd love to tell you about last weekend! I had a great weekend and got to spend some time with really special people. It's quite likely that one of them was YOU!

2 comments:

smalltownme said...

Here's a shout out to you and all the other wonderful room parents who make class parties happen!

Jason, as himself said...

That is so nice that you're giving this teacher a bridal shower. You're going above and beyond!